Three sent off as Wisbech Town get thumped 9-0 by Mildenhall Town
Ridgeons Premier Division: Mildenhall Town 9 Wisbech Town 0
WISBECH Town had three men sent off and shipped nine goals in their worst defeat for four years at Mildenhall Town last night.
Simon Ashton and Callum Reed were sent off before half time as Steve Appleby’s side went in 1-0 down at the break, despite being the better side for most of the first 45 minutes.
And the Fenmen’s nine men only went 2-0 down from the penalty spot after Neal Spafford had been given a straight red card.
However, even though the remaining eight men battled bravely the Fenmen shipped seven goals to cap off a miserable week for Wisbech who have been dumped out of the FA Cup, conceded 13 goals, given away four penalties and had three men sent off in just two matches.
You may also want to watch:
The drubbing comes almost four years to the week that the Fenmen lost 9-0 to Soham Town Rangers, also in the Ridgeons Premier Division.
Wisbech’s chance to immediately bounce back from the crushing defeat doesn’t come easily as they travel to last season’s runners-up Dereham Town on Saturday.
- 1 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 2 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 5 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 'I hit brick walls' says guardian fighting for child mental health support
- 9 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 10 Murder suspect is victim's son