‘Fantastic run’ for Three Counties Running Club’s Gary Ingrey
- Credit: Archant
It was ideal weather conditions for Three Counties Running Club members who were racing at the weekend.
Gary Ingrey traveled to Cambridge to take part in the Cambridge Town and Gown 10k Race.
The event which is in its eighth year of the run is part of a series with races at Cambridge, Oxford and Leicester.
The series is to raise money and awareness for Muscular Dystrophy which is a group of muscle diseases that result In increasing weakening and breakdown over time of the Skeletal muscles.
Some types of MD eventually affect the heart or the muscles used for breathing at which point the condition becomes life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
There is no cure but treatment can help manage many of the symptoms.
The 10k scenic route takes you through the heart of Cambridge passing many landmarks, historic University College buildings and along the River Cam.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Burger entrepreneur excited to reopen as lockdown eases on May 17
- 3 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 4 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 5 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 6 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 9 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 10 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
Gary had a fantastic run claiming a PB time of 44:57.
Wisbech junior parkrun saw six TCRC junior runners among the 28 runner field.
First home for the club was Isaac Western 10:10, Jake Trundle 10:32PB, Keira Fines 10:45, Callum Bates 12:20, Stephanie Harbord 13:22 and Annika Beitane 14:24. Oliver Knott was all smiles at Kings Lynn JPR in his new club top finishing in a great time of 11:57.
Other Parkrun results
Dawn Ball 25:52 (2nd in age)
Sarah Melton-Whitelam 25:49 (2nd in age) Steve Whitelam 30:13
Ella Lines 42:35
Alice Lines 42:50
Colin Apps 24:11
South Woodham Ferrers
Steve Rhodes 23:47
Sandra Rhodes 35:35
Jonny Clark 22:00 CPB (9th/152)
Melvin Green 27:59
Victoria May 29:59
Sarah Lamb 31:05
Jennie Sinclair 31:17CPB
Tony Lamb 31:18
Sunday October 27 sees TCRC racing at the local event hosted by FRC, The Fen10, with others members having fun at The Steeplechase obstacle race.