RUNNING: Olympic Park to Bourne Woods for Three Counties Running Club
- Credit: Archant
It was a family affair of running for Three Counties Running Club members at the weekend.
There was a battle of the boys once again with TCRC members Morgan Harrison and Graham Rushmer travelling to London to take part in The Olympic Park Summer Series 10k.
The Summer series takes place on the first Saturday of every month and is a 3 lap course on hard gravel paths and tarmac.
In a field of 458 participants Morgan was the first club member Home in 30th position and a great time of 42:18 followed quickly by Graham Rushmer in 39th position and another cracking time of 43:46.
Sunday saw four club members travel to Bourne to take park in the Bourne in the woods 10k and 3k event.
You may also want to watch:
Morgan Harrison was there again but due to his young age was not allowed to enter the 10k race so to get his running fix entered the 3k event instead.
What a result... Morgan was just pipped to the post and came in 2nd place with a PB of 11:06.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 10 Noise warning issued amid RAF Lakenheath flight training
The 10k race saw first club member home Mark Mattless in a great time of 53:55. First TCRC female home was Fay Gratton in 1:01:57 followed by Anne-Marie Mattless in 1:09:08.
Tracey Else 24:59 CPB
Colin Apps 24:01
Stephen Rhodes 25:08
Sandra Rhodes 32:50
Bois de Boulogne Paris
Elisabeth Sennitt-Clough 21:21PB
Junior Parkrun at Chelmsford 2k
7 year old Hayden Hall 10:40 (1:20PB)
5 year old Kallum Hall 15:36
Three Counties Running Club are next flying the flag this Sunday (April 15) at Boston with members running in the half and full marathon.