Three Counties Running Club report – ‘Three Counties in a hoo-hah’
- Credit: Archant
Last weekend (Saturday 10) saw Three Counties Running Club (TCRC) members taking part in parkruns, a multi terrain 10k and a duathlon.
Mothering Sunday firstly saw TCRC member Tracey Else take to her running shoes and bike in her first ever duathlon event.
The event called The Monster Duathlon took place at Witchford Village College with the event consisting of a 5k run, 25k cycle ride and a 5k run.
The run was an out and back across a disused WW2 Airfield and the cycle event headed briefly onto the A10 before heading into Fenland territory going into Little Downham and Coveney.
Tracey’s times were as followed: 5k run: 24:41, 25k cycle: 55:09 and the final 5k run: 26:29.
You may also want to watch:
There was a big hoo-hah at the Thetford Hoohah 10k race, which saw 12 TCRC members participate in the multi terrain course around a picturesque yet muddy Thetford Forest clocking up eight personal bests and two top 20 finishing spots.
Graham Rushmer was the first TCRC member to cross the line in 10th position in a PB of 42:54, closely followed in 11th position by Lee Johnson also with a PB 43:14.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 3 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 4 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 8 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
Lauren Day was the first Lady home in a time of 50:24, Steve Rhodes 51:34 PB, Arthur Sargeant 54:56PB, Debbie Agger 55:28, Sarah Johnson 55:31PB, Sarah Melton-Whitelam 58:41, Tony Lamb 58:52PB, Louise Drew 59:34PB, Sandra Rhodes 1:04:20 and Jemma Redhead in 1:05:02PB.
• Elisabeth Sennitt-Clough 22:05
• Jemma Redhead 30:17
• Emma Sage 36:23 PB
• Barbara Leake 36:25
• Colin Apps 24:12
• Joely Apps 34:26
Junior Parkrun Peterborough saw Steph Harbord run her first race finishing in a time of 14:59.
TCRC are next flying the flag on March 18 at the Shouldham XC Series.
Coming up for the TCRC is a Easter Bunny run which is bring held at Wisbech Park on Good Friday March 30.
Paid 5k race where everyone gets a medal and a free 1k race.
Easter egg hunt, games and stalls will also be there with all profits going to the Callum Pites Smiles charity for young people with Cancer.
For more information, visit: www.threecountiesrc.org