Three Counties Running Club prepare for marathon in Northampton and Milton Keynes
- Credit: Archant
The Three Counties Running Club (TCRC) were racking up the miles last weekend in marathon preparation runs at Northampton and Milton Keynes.
On a rather frosty, foggy start TCRC Members Arthur Sargeant, Vicki Drake and Sarah-Jane Macdonald travelled to Milton Keynes for the re-run of the winter half marathon which was cancelled in December due to bad weather.
By the start of the race at Willen Lakes the cold air and fog had lifted and the sun shone on what was to be a lovely rolling hills course through woodlands and pathways around Milton Keynes.
Arthur was first member home after running his first half marathon in a fantastic time of 2:00:49 so close to a sub 2hrs, next to cross the finish line was Vicki and Sarah-Jane hand in hand in a time of 2:19:54.
Sunday also saw Nick Sheehan travel to Naseby to run the Naseby 16.45miles.
This strange distance is named after the Battle of Naseby which took place on the rolling countryside of Northamptonshire on June 14 1645.
This very challenging and undulating course entirely on roads boasts a total ascent of 289m so not a race for the faint hearted.
- 1 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 4 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 5 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 6 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 7 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
- 8 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 9 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 10 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
Nick crossed the line in a cracking time of 2:54:00.
Kings Lynn ‘B’ route
Colin Apps 24:12
Tracey Else 24:16
Alice Ingman 27:59
Jemma Red 28:26PB
Joely Apps had a cracking run after being off injured for some time and wanting to beat 34 mins finished in a great time of 28:56.
Mark Mattless 25:13
Steve Clarke 31:31 CPB.
Three Counties Running Clubs next event is the Easter Run at Wisbech Park on Good Friday and also the main event is The ‘in tents’ weekender at The Secret garden Wisbech St Mary.