Three Counties RC members make mark in Manchester
- Credit: TCRC
Three Counties Running Club members ran personal bests at the Manchester Marathon.
Craig Freestone was making his 26.2-mile debut, having run a few ultra marathons in the past, and clocked 3:29.03.
Two female members were also making their marathon debuts, having trained together, and Ewa Szczygielska finished in 6:11.47 while raising over £400 for Papyrus, a charity for prevention of young suicide.
Lou Mayer had completed the Cambridge half marathon last month and is set to swim in a team relay event in Loch Ness this summer.
She clocked 5:44.55 and raised £600 for Aspire, a charity that supports people with spinal injuries.
Parkrun results, March: Craig Freestone 20.57; Dawn Ball 24.49; Tracey Else 26.07; Victoria May 27.00; Melvin Green 29.42; Laura Vincent 32.16; Donna Johnson 32.17.
Ferry Meadows: Colin Apps 26.27; Joely Apps 34.01.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 3 Tribute to ‘much-loved’ school worker who died suddenly in Wisbech
- 4 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 5 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 8 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 9 Recap: A47 shut near Wisbech and King's Lynn after evening crash
- 10 Man arrested after 'game of hide and seek' with police dogs and helicopter
King's Lynn: Sarah Melton-Whitelam 31.22.
Melton Mowbray: Steve Rhodes 25.03; Sandra Rhodes 54.33.
Sherwood Pines: Lou Mayer 33.25.