Three Counties Running Club play their part as relay helps charity
- Credit: TCRC
Three Counties Running Club have been doing their bit for charity with support for CPSL MIND.
The charity, which helps people in their recovery from mental health challenges across Cambridgeshire, Peterborough and south Lincolnshire, were the beneficiaries of a combined effort from a number of clubs in the area.
Three Counties were were approached by Fenland Running Club member Andy Beveridge to see if they would support his idea of a social-distance relay.
The event started at 7am on Saturday, before halting 12 hours later, and then resumed at 7am on Sunday with the last runner finishing at 7pm.
In total there were 110 runners taking part from TCRC, Fenland and Globetrotters with the event having raised £2,200 so far.
Jennie Sinclair, Tracy Pratt, Sarah Clark, Ewa Szczygielska, Josh Trundle, Rickie Trundle, Lorraine Parker, Molly Gayler, Debbie Agger, Jacqueline McGonigle, David O’Brien, Matt Hunter, Tracy Adams, Dawn Ball, Amy Baxter, Mandy Doggett, Steve Bennington, Mark Mattless, Anne-Marie Mattless, Alice Ingman, Gary Bligh, Sarah-Jane Macdonald and Maisie Macdonald all took part for TCRC.
Mandy Doggett meanwhile took part in her first ever half marathon, clocking a time of two hours 57 minutes 56 seconds.
- 1 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 2 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 5 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 6 MP and mayor meet businesses in incinerator fight
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 9 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000