Three Counties Running Club hold annual Easter run for charity
- Credit: Archant
Three Counties Running Club (TCRC) members used their annual Easter run event to raise as much money as they could for a chosen charity.
“Callum Pites Smile Charity was put forward to us and as a club we thought it was a fantastic way to support young children with cancer,” said a club spokesman.
Over 200 people turned up at Wisbech Park on Good Friday to take part in the Easter 1k and 5k race.
There was also walking football, food and craft stalls, games and an Easter egg hunt which the kids loved.
Both races were started with a speech from the mayor who came to show his support. ‘Clubbercise’ then got everyone moving in the warm-up before the races.
The 1k race saw 54 people take part from ages ranging from 1-90, whether they were running, walking, pushing a buggy or being carried.
The 5k event had a great turnout of 75 participants with runners in attendance from Ryston, MarchAC, Thorney, Ely and Bushfield Joggers to name a few.
- 1 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 2 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 3 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 4 Family's questions over Covid death of beloved hospital care worker
- 5 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 6 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 7 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 8 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 9 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 10 Fenmen 'not far' from turning fortunes round despite second straight loss
There was a TCRC members battle to take first and second spot with Morgan Harrison first home in a personal best of 18:56 followed by Graham Rushmer in 19:20 and the first lady home was Lilly Fiveash from March AC in 23:49PB.
Other Club Bunny Run Results:
Jonny Clark 21:46
Sarah Johnson 25:52
Barry Clark 26:54PB
David Cordell 28:24
Sarah Lamb 30:31
Fay Gratton 31:44
Sarah-Jane Macdonald 29:34CPB
Steve Clarke 31:35PB
Elisabeth Sennitt Clough 21:25 PB
Tim Clough 21:51
Victoria May 31:57
Three Counties Running Club have also been fund raising to raise money to buy a defib.
A bingo evening, a club raffle, raffle and games held at the Santa Run and also the children’s running games/activities held in the park during the school holidays, all these events helped to raise the funds.
A spokesman said: “We are really pleased to announce the receipt of our new Defib.
“This is a brilliant piece of equipment with fully automated audio instructions when you open the lid.
“We have migrated one of the existing first aid kits in to the defib bag and its all ready to go.
“We will be ordering children sized defib pads in the coming weeks, this will be available at club sessions and races
“Hopefully we will never have the need to use this but we are fully equipped if we do.
“TCRC are next flying the flag at Boston in the Half and full marathon in 15th April.”
For more information, visit: www.threecountiesrc.org