Tracey's turkey trot marathon tops off Steve's rollercoaster run
- Credit: Sarah-jane Macdonald
A turkey trot delight awaited Three Counties member Tracey Else as she tackled her first trail marathon.
Tracey took part in the zig-zag event called the turkey trot at Horseheath near Cambridge where each runner had six hours to complete as many laps as they could.
Amid tepid weather conditions caused by Storm Arwen, Tracey finished in a time of four hours, 58 minutes and one second.
Steve Clarke took part in the Alton Towers half-marathon, starting and finishing at the theme park consisting of two laps.
Steve finished in 2:34:17.
- 1 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 2 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 3 Over 6,000 homes approved across Cambridgeshire this year
- 4 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
- 5 Wisbech Swimming Club member gains place at British Swimming Championships final
- 6 Over 480 arrests for drink driving across county, say police
- 7 Mayor's visit inspires Fenmen to cup thrashing
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
Daniel Barnes 18:48 7th/218; Gary Bligh 19:19 10th/218 (2nd in age); Rickie Trundle 20:11 19th/218; Tamara Barnes 27:27; Matt Hunter 27:41; Mark Mattless 27:41; David Hammond 29:58.
Lee Johnson 20:12 5th/115; Sarah Johnson 25:51.
Donna Johnson 27:31; Melvin Green 30:16; Lou Mayer 34:43; Laura Vincent 43:18; Ella Lines 43:25.
Colin Apps 28:25; Joely Apps 36:27.