Athletics: Three Counties members enjoy latest challenges
- Credit: Archant
Three Counties Running Club members took on more challenges on another eventful weekend.
A group of five were among a field of 433 at the 30th annual Folksworth 15-mile race, which included two laps of an undulating course on country roads.
Three fairly steep hills on each lap made it a good test and great marathon training, with Graham Rushmer clocking a best of 1:57.08.
Sarah-Jane Macdonald (2:14.51), Sarah Clark (2:16.15), Arthur Sargent (2:20.16) and Kim Coulthard (2:24.58) also beat previous bests.
Five other members ran 5k and 10k at Snetterton Race Track, with Elisabeth Sennit-Clough clocing 20.41 over the shorter distance to finish first in her age group.
You may also want to watch:
Husband Tim Clough (43.27) led the way over the longer distance, ahead of Mark Mattless (48.56), Marc Martin (55.20) and Anne-Marie Mattless (65.32).
Club members were in junior parkrun action, with Maisie Macdonald (9.33) first girl and second overall.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 5 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 8 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 9 Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires
Others: Hayden Hall 10:19, Casey Grange 10:34, Keira Fines 10:42, Stephanie Harbord 11:18, Issac Western 11:40, Kallum Hall 12:45, Rowan Coultard 17:56.
Kings Lynn: Matthew Knott 21:07, Jonny Clark 21:45, Aaron Petts 23:08, Dawn Ball 25:06, Jayne Spurrier 26:06, Sarah Melton-Whitelam 26:14, Sarah Lamb 30:53, Steve Whitelam 31:22. March: Donna Johnson 30:19, Melvin Green 32:31. Market Rasen: Colin Apps 24:15.
Whittlesey: Justin Showell 22:14.