They’re lovin’ it! Wisbech St Mary under 7s get kitted out thanks to McDonald’s franchisee Matt
- Credit: Archant
Football stars of the future from Wisbech St Mary are hoping to hit the net in their new kit.
The village’s under-7 side have been kitted out thanks to local McDonald’s franchisee, Matt Jarrett and the McDonald’s and FA Kit Scheme.
The local youngsters invited Matt to Beechings Close to unveil their new purple strip, and he said: “Wisbech St Mary is an excellent example of a grassroots club which has a real community spirit.
“The kit that we have supplied them with is fantastic and the kit scheme is something that McDonald’s is incredibly proud to be able to roll out to clubs all over the country.”
Martin Holmes, from Wisbech St Mary, said: “We’re hugely grateful to McDonald’s for donating a new kit for our under-7s team.
You may also want to watch:
“An average team strip costs around £500 per season, so this really is a huge saving for us and means we can spend the money on other areas of the club that need it.
“The kids absolutely love wearing their new strip. Having the kit has created fantastic unity and team spirit and has given the kids extra motivation to train and have a great season.”
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 3 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 4 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 5 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 6 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 7 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
The McDonald’s kit scheme, now in its third year, has provided over 175,000 kits to clubs across the UK with 70,000 new football kits being delivered this year.