The future is bright for Fenland Gymnastics Academy stars after top display at county show
- Credit: Archant
A group of the region’s finest gymnasts from the Fenland Gymnastics Academy did their club proud by taking home a haul of medals from the 2016 County Levels Four and Three competition.
The youngsters travelled to Huntingdon Gymnastics Club for the competition, and showcased their skills both individually and in team competitions.
In the pre-level four category, eight-year-old Shanae Sigorney competed beautifully to be crowned county champion as well as gaining first place on all apparatus.
She will travel to Ipswich this weekend to compete in the East Regional Finals.
FGA dominated in the level four age 10/11 category, with Lilia Riley, Millie Full, Maddie Goode and Alysia Hawes all scooping medals for their performances.
You may also want to watch:
Lilia finished in fourth on vault, beam and overall and took the silver on bars and Millie finished in first place on floor, second on beam and took bronze overall. Maddie, 11, took bronze on vault and floor and silver overall, and Alysia was crowned county champion after second places on bars and beam and first place on vault and floor.
In the level four age 12+ category, FGA’s only competitor, Emma Elam, competed well on all four apparatus and took home the gold medal for her vault, as well as silver medals for bars, floor and overall.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 7 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 8 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 9 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 10 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
FGA was then crowned team champions for the second year in a row after their team of Riley, Full, Goode and Hawes produced another top performance.
Sisters Georgia and Khiaeasa Dilley both competed well in a tough field in the level three age 13+ category, with Georgia managing to secure a bronze medal for her beam routine and Khiaeasa bagging fourth place on bars and fifth place overall.
Head coach, Claire Stock was delighted with the gymnasts’ performances. She said: “I am so pleased with how all our gymnasts performed.
“A lot of hard work and preparation has gone in over the summer to get ready for these championships so I’m delighted that it all paid off.
“We managed to crown two County Champions, get five gymnasts through to the Regional Finals and become Level Four Team champions for the second year running so all in all a fantastic day for us.
“We now look forward to the regional finals where we hope to build on this success.”