TENNIS: Wisbech Tennis Club’s Mixed A squad serves up a league title
- Credit: Archant
A team of local tennis talents is celebrating after lifting the league title.
Wisbech Tennis Club’s Mixed A squad secured an impressive 8-0 win away at Huntingdon ‘C’ last weekend to triumph in Division Four of the Huntingdonshire and Peterborough Tennis League.
The squad, made up of Wendy Cropp, Gary Fitzjohn, Jane Page, Jac Goult and Margaret Pendall, stormed to the title by winning six and drawing one of their league matches.
They finished the campaign with the same amount of points, wins and draws as rivals Hemingfords B, but finished at the top of the standings thanks to winning more games than their opponents.
A spokesman said: “Wisbech Tennis Club offers various daytime and evening play sessions for adults, together with junior club nights for our younger members.
You may also want to watch:
“For further details contact the club on 07549 263767 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.”
- 1 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 2 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 5 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 6 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 7 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election