TENNIS: Wisbech Tennis Club’s Mixed A squad serves up a league title
- Credit: Archant
A team of local tennis talents is celebrating after lifting the league title.
Wisbech Tennis Club’s Mixed A squad secured an impressive 8-0 win away at Huntingdon ‘C’ last weekend to triumph in Division Four of the Huntingdonshire and Peterborough Tennis League.
The squad, made up of Wendy Cropp, Gary Fitzjohn, Jane Page, Jac Goult and Margaret Pendall, stormed to the title by winning six and drawing one of their league matches.
They finished the campaign with the same amount of points, wins and draws as rivals Hemingfords B, but finished at the top of the standings thanks to winning more games than their opponents.
A spokesman said: “Wisbech Tennis Club offers various daytime and evening play sessions for adults, together with junior club nights for our younger members.
“For further details contact the club on 07549 263767 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.”
- 1 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 2 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 3 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 4 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 5 Teens arrested after woman threatened with hammer in Wisbech
- 6 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 7 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 Official who probed Covid breaches by councillors fears for job
- 10 Post office break-in linked to three other ram raids, say police