Community award success for Wisbech Tennis Club as it picks up major award
- Credit: Archant
Celebrations took place at Wisbech Tennis Club which has won an important award.
The club says it is “proud to announce” that it has been awarded the Lawn Tennis Association county award for community tennis club of the year.
The award was presented to Sue Beel and Sue Pitcher who received this on behalf of the club’s volunteers, representing Wisbech Tennis Club at the county’s annual general meeting in Cambridge.
Club chairman Sue Pitcher was delighted at the success.
She said: “I am very pleased that our club has been recognised for the work we do all the year round to support the community of Wisbech.”
You may also want to watch:
She said Wisbech Tennis Club provided a warm welcome to new members “whatever their age or experience”.
She said it was an excellent place to visit to make new friends and play tennis at a level suitable for their ability.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
“The important role we play in helping local community groups to enjoy keeping fit and active and have a go at tennis has also been highlighted as a real success for the club,” she said.