Young saints given a new look thanks to sponsorship
- Credit: Archant
One of Wisbech St Mary FC’s youth teams have been boosted for at least the next two years thanks to new sponsorship.
Rob Pooley, who ran the club’s under 16s side last season, started a new Sunday under 18s team in the Peterborough & District Youth League and needed a new look.
That’s when Spencer Lee Autos of Wisbech came along to offer their support. “Talks started and Spencer didn’t hesitate in helping us out,” Rob said.
“It started with the team’s new playing strip, and then we needed help with warm-up tops and then the coaching staff of myself, Damian Hills and Harrison Smith (assistant managers) being kitted out.”
It’s hoped the sponsorship will last for more than two years, which Rob is even more grateful for especially during uncertain times.
“The team is truly grateful to Spencer and Rebecca Lee for their fantastic support, and also to the staff,” Rob added.
“Grassroots football is the foundation for all youngsters to chase their dreams, and without people like Spencer and Rebecca, teams like mine would not happen.”
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 3 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 4 Clinical Diss left singing in the rain as Saints rue positive display
- 5 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 6 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 7 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 8 You hope for a silver lining - and this wondrous tree is it
- 9 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 10 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces