NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: A win, a defeat and a few new faces for Wisbech Town in pre-season friendlies
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town have started pre-season with a win and a defeat.
The success came at lower-level Boston Town last Thursday night, but was followed by a loss at the hands of higher-level Kettering Town last Saturday.
Edgaras Buzas struck twice with new signing Ryan Harnwell also on target in the 3-1 victory at Boston.
Buzas, who started last season with the club before leaving to join United Counties League Division One champions Pinchbeck, is one of a number of traillists being looked at by Wisbech boss Gary Setchell.
Others are Aaron Hart, who has been released by League One side Peterborough United and ended last season on loan with the Fenmen, Beckham Kennelly, who has just moved to Murrow after previously being based in Spain, and Peterborough-based Tim Nkala, who has played for Huntingdon Town and Eynesbury Rovers previously.
You may also want to watch:
Tydd man Joe Reed has also featured in both games while clubmate Adam Groves was also involved against Boston Town.
The Fenmen go to Ely City tomorrow night (Friday) before hosting St Ives Town on Tuesday.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 8 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 9 Fifty jobs up for grabs as Deliveroo announces early move into Wisbech
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl