Squash week is a Crown-ing glory
OUTWELL-BASED Crown Lodge Squash Club hosted a variety of activities for National Squash Week last week. Money was raised for Whizz-Kidz, a national charity which provides disabled children with mobility equipment. Activities included a racquetball even
OUTWELL-BASED Crown Lodge Squash Club hosted a variety of activities for National Squash Week last week.
Money was raised for Whizz-Kidz, a national charity which provides disabled children with mobility equipment.
Activities included a racquetball evening, a family fun competition for parents and children, which was won by Jasmine Luckett and Leah Hall, and an open day where coaching sessions were run by club coaches Rebecca Moore and Faye Kowalewsky.
To finish the week Crown hosted the England Squash under-19 inter-county event. Cambridgeshire had comfortable 4-1 and 5-0 wins over Norfolk and Warwickshire for a place in the second stage of the national competition, which will be played in January.
You may also want to watch:
The Cambridgeshire squad won the under-17 title last year and are confident of reaching the finals in March, an achievement which would see Cambridgeshire be one of the top four counties in the country.
The club would like to thank all members and families for their support of the event.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 4 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder