Youngsters jumping for joy thanks to sports clubs
- Credit: Sarah-jane Macdonald
Youngsters have been able to jump for joy through December thanks to new running sessions.
Children aged eight to 14-years-old have taken part in running and jumping activities over the last three weeks to help improve their physical and mental health.
The sessions, ran by Three Counties Running Club, Wisbech Town Cricket & Hockey Club and Active Fenland, were led by volunteer coaches Lee Johnson, Dawn Ball and Arthur Sargeant, with the help of March Athletic Club, Sarah Clark, Sandra Rhodes and Lily Amps.
More sessions are being lined up for January and February.
TCRC member Sarah Melton-Whitelam took on her own challenge by running every day for 21 days with a different club member each time while adhering to Covid-19 rules.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah, who wanted to keep motivated during the previous lockdown in November, ran for 22 days covering 104.5 miles over three weeks and 127.5 miles for the month.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Take 10 initiative leaves students ‘buzzing’ about literacy
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets