Spin twins lead the way at Wisbech Town Cricket Club’s presentation night
SPIN twins Craig Johnson and Gary Freear were the big winners at Wisbech Town Cricket Club’s presentation night.
Johnson, who finished as one the leading wicket-takers in Cambridgeshire with 62 league scalps, claimed the Saturday first team’s player of the year award. All-rounder Freear took the Sunday first team’s prize.
Seamer Lyndon Waters and youngster Danny Emmington took the second team awards with Martin Parrin and Tim Chapman starring for the third team. Tom Chapman was the fourth team’s player of the year.
Most improved player was Danny Haynes, young player of the year was Brodie Ellis and clubman of the year was James Sheppard. Guest speaker at the presentation night was former county cricketer Peter Bowler.
Club chairman Gavin Plume also announced he would be stepping down after eight years in the role. He thanked the committee and all the club members who had supported him during his time as chairman.
A replacement is likely to be revealed at the club’s annual meeting in February.
- 1 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 2 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 3 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 4 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 5 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 8 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 Council’s final meeting of 2021 to include minute’s silence for those lost