Spin twins lead the way at Wisbech Town Cricket Club’s presentation night
SPIN twins Craig Johnson and Gary Freear were the big winners at Wisbech Town Cricket Club’s presentation night.
Johnson, who finished as one the leading wicket-takers in Cambridgeshire with 62 league scalps, claimed the Saturday first team’s player of the year award. All-rounder Freear took the Sunday first team’s prize.
Seamer Lyndon Waters and youngster Danny Emmington took the second team awards with Martin Parrin and Tim Chapman starring for the third team. Tom Chapman was the fourth team’s player of the year.
Most improved player was Danny Haynes, young player of the year was Brodie Ellis and clubman of the year was James Sheppard. Guest speaker at the presentation night was former county cricketer Peter Bowler.
Club chairman Gavin Plume also announced he would be stepping down after eight years in the role. He thanked the committee and all the club members who had supported him during his time as chairman.
You may also want to watch:
A replacement is likely to be revealed at the club’s annual meeting in February.
- 1 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 2 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 7 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 10 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres