SPEED SKATING: Wisbech Inline Speed Skating talent Arthur Buckler storms to SIX golds at Flanders Grand Prix European Cup race meeting
- Credit: Archant
For most involved in sport, one win at a competition is enough.
But it wasn’t for Wisbech Inline Speed Skater starlet Arthur Buckler, who stormed to success in six races at the Flanders Grand Prix European Cup race meeting.
The eight-year-old managed a clean sweep in all of his races and was the only UK skater to bring home a gold medal.
His dad, Matt, said: “He has blown us away. He is so happy with himself but he has earned it with the hard work and the support of everyone in the club.”
Also in action in Belgium was Flynn McGurk and Warren Eve, who impressed in the 300m time trials, recording new best times.
You may also want to watch:
The next race for the team is a return to Tatem Park at the beginning of September.
If you’d like to see what speed skating is all about, drop by Skaters Roller Rink in Walpole Highway between 5-7pm on Saturdays. Newcomers are welcome.
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 6 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Suspected hare coursers get 4x4 stuck after crashing nose first in ditch
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer