SPEED SKATING: Wisbech Inline Speed Skating talent Arthur Buckler storms to SIX golds at Flanders Grand Prix European Cup race meeting
- Credit: Archant
For most involved in sport, one win at a competition is enough.
But it wasn’t for Wisbech Inline Speed Skater starlet Arthur Buckler, who stormed to success in six races at the Flanders Grand Prix European Cup race meeting.
The eight-year-old managed a clean sweep in all of his races and was the only UK skater to bring home a gold medal.
His dad, Matt, said: “He has blown us away. He is so happy with himself but he has earned it with the hard work and the support of everyone in the club.”
Also in action in Belgium was Flynn McGurk and Warren Eve, who impressed in the 300m time trials, recording new best times.
You may also want to watch:
The next race for the team is a return to Tatem Park at the beginning of September.
If you’d like to see what speed skating is all about, drop by Skaters Roller Rink in Walpole Highway between 5-7pm on Saturdays. Newcomers are welcome.
- 1 Independent cinema forced to cancel film screenings due to vandalism
- 2 'Off they go!' - family friends cycle from Wales to Wisbech
- 3 Man assaults police officer whilst in possession of drugs on E-Bike
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Fundraiser launched for funeral of woman who died of Covid-19
- 6 Freemasons donate £500 each to two local charities
- 7 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 10 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer