Solid weekend for Tydd racer George Russell in the FIA Formula 3 European Championship
- Credit: Archant
George Russell secured three sixth place finishes in the latest round of the FIA Formula 3 European Championship in Zandoort, Netherlands.
On a tight and technical circuit Russell qualified in the top 10 for all three races.
The 17 year-old was pleased with his consistency in his races, which he says bodes well for the rest of the season.
He said: “With a very technical track and with running a high level of downforce, overtaking proved really difficult for everyone.
“We made really good starts in all the races which cemented three top 6 finishes. It was great to have a consistent weekend and plenty of positives to take in to the next round.”
You may also want to watch:
After seven rounds, Russell is fifth in the championship. The next round takes place at the Red Bull Ring in Austria on July 31.
- 1 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 2 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 5 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 MP and mayor meet businesses in incinerator fight
- 8 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 9 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 10 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible