Slideshow: Manea come out on top in goal thriller
PETERBOROUGH AND DISTRICT FOOTBALL LEAGUE Land Rover Combination Division Three Manea United Reserves 4 Sutton Bridge United Reserves 3 THREE goals in the last 20 minutes gave Manea victory in a fiery Fenland derby. Manea went ahead after just three minu
PETERBOROUGH AND DISTRICT FOOTBALL LEAGUE
Land Rover Combination Division Three
Manea United Reserves 4 Sutton Bridge United Reserves 3
THREE goals in the last 20 minutes gave Manea victory in a fiery Fenland derby.
You may also want to watch:
Manea went ahead after just three minutes when a visiting defender passed back to his goalkeeper who sliced his attempted clearance into his own net.
Sam Cooper equalised when he pounced on a rebound to score after the goalkeeper parried Chris Sutton's free-kick, but the visitors then had a player sent off after 15 minutes for directing foul and abusive language towards the referee after being booked for a late challenge.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 7 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 8 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 9 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 10 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
The referee then struggled to maintain control of the game as ferocious tackles came in from both sides.
But Sutton Bridge came back strongly and dominated for the next hour and Ashley Miller scored a superb goal to give them the lead five minutes before the break.
Miller collected a diagonal pass on the left wing and beat three defenders in the penalty area before hitting the back of the net.
Cooper scored again early in the second half to put the visitors 3-1 up, smashing a sweet first-time shot from 20 yards into the right corner.
But the 10 men tired and goals from Kevin Goode, Sheridan Stevens and Jamie Clifford in the last 20 minutes gave Manea all the points.