Slideshow: Fiery Fenland derby sees six goals
CAMBS BIS DIVISION 5D Upwell Town 3 Gorefield 3 THIS fiery Fenland derby ended up honours even. The hosts were fortunate to have a 2-1 half-time lead, thanks to two goals from captain Luke Young. Young firstly beat the last Gorefield defender before firi
CAMBS BIS DIVISION 5D
Upwell Town 3 Gorefield 3
THIS fiery Fenland derby ended up honours even.
The hosts were fortunate to have a 2-1 half-time lead, thanks to two goals from captain Luke Young.
You may also want to watch:
Young firstly beat the last Gorefield defender before firing home a low drive and then rounded the goalkeeper just before half-time.
After Gorefield grabbed an equaliser Stephen Moat headed in from a corner to put Upwell 3-2 up but the visitors grabbed their decisive equaliser 15 minutes from time.
- 1 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Man assaults police officer whilst in possession of drugs on E-Bike
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 Watches and electric display box stolen in village burglary
Upwell are now second from bottom and Gorefield are fourth top.
Upwell secretary Karl Schultz said: "It was a very physical game. Both sets of players know each other pretty well, so I think that had something to do with it, but a draw was a fair result."
He added: "We struggled a bit at the start of the season, but the players are starting to gel a bit better as a team now.