Slideshow: Charity dinner raises money for Cancer Research
A CHARITY dinner and dance was held at Wisbech Town Cricket Club on Friday, raising funds for Cancer Research UK. Organised by Dom Stannard, the club s youth development officer and youth committee chairman, the event was a celebration of the youngster s
A CHARITY dinner and dance was held at Wisbech Town Cricket Club on Friday, raising funds for Cancer Research UK.
Organised by Dom Stannard, the club's youth development officer and youth committee chairman, the event was a celebration of the youngster's successful season.
Parents, friends, guests and coaching staff attended the dinner and dance, which included a four-course meal, followed by entertainment from a comedian, and a disco.
Organisers are totting up proceeds which they hope will be near the £1,000 mark which they plan to donate to charity.
"Our club wants to support the whole community and not just the youths of Wisbech," said Mr Stannard.
- 1 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 4 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 7 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
- 8 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 9 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 10 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks