Wisbech’s Stacey Cook wins first prize at British Showjumping Spring Championships in Buckinghamshire
- Credit: HOOF PRINTS PHOTOS
A showjumper from the Fens has scooped top prize at the annual British championships held in Buckinghamshire.
Stacey Cook from Wisbech claimed victory after completing the course with her horse Ninola in just 32.09 seconds.
Under the Addington Equestrian team, Ms Cook finished the four-day event in the Winter Silver League with a “strong 22-horse jump-off” with home-bred Ninola.
She said: “She’s [Ninola] fiery and can be a typical chestnut mare but put a bridle on and she’s a different horse – she loves to work and loves to jump even more.
“She’s forward-thinking, always landing and moving so the flowing jump-off suited and she’s so careful I could trust her and use her natural pace.”
You may also want to watch:
First: Stacey Cook & Ninola – 0/0 32.09 seconds
- 1 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 2 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 5 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 6 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 7 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
Second: Hannah Tiley & Amaryllis III – 0/0 33.46 seconds
Third: Emma Maguire & Master Geronimo – 0/0 33.80 seconds
Fourth: Nina Emery & Colien – 0/0 33.89 seconds
Fifth: Nick Edwards & Royal Trooper – 0/0 33.90 seconds
Sixth: Ed Eltham & Don Onyx – 0/0 34.38 seconds