Shipley stars with two records and one title at Anglian Schools’ Championships
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Grammar School pupil Lewis Shipley starred at the Anglian Schools’ Championships last Sunday.
Shipley collected one title and set two new school records when representing Cambridgeshire at the competition in Cambridge.
He won the Junior Boys’ 800m title with a fine time of 2.07.0 after earlier securing second spot in the 100m in another school best of 11.7 seconds. He also met the English Schools’ Championships required qualifying time in the sprint event.
Shipley wasn’t the only Wisbech Grammar School talent to impress.
Another school record was set by Hannah Lemmon courtesy of her 9.32m leap in the Intermediate Girls triple jump.
Isabella Oldershaw-Ellis finished fourth in the discus in that category with a 21.23m effort.
Haydn Buffham took fourth spot in the 100m at Intermediate Boys level with a time of 15.2 seconds, while George Dady produced an effort of 9.60m in the same age group’s shot putt event.
- 1 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 4 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 5 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 6 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 7 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
- 8 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 9 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 10 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks