NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Wisbech Town fail to do themselves justice when bowing out of the FA Cup
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town manager Gary Setchell failed to hide his disappointment in the wake of their FA Cup exit last Saturday.
The Fenmen bowed out at the first qualifying round stage after being beaten 3-1 at fellow Step 4 side Great Wakering Rovers.
Setchell’s men hit the front through Alex Beck’s 33rd minute goal, but their lead lasted for just eight minutes as the Essex hosts levelled before the break.
Wisbech then found themselves behind just after the hour and were killed off by a third Great Wakering goal late on.
“I’m really disappointed with going out of the FA Cup in the way we did,” admitted Setchell.
You may also want to watch:
“I don’t feel we gave our supporters maximum effort and there is no way we did ourselves justice.
“If we had turned up at Great Wakering with the same intensity we showed in the league against Lincoln United in midweek I feel sure we would have won the game, but instead it goes down as a costly loss for us.”
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 4 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow
- 5 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 6 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 10 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week