Setchell impressed with Fenmen's performances
RIDGEONS PREMIER DIVISION Wisbech Town 0 Dereham Town 2 WISBECH player-manager Gary Setchell is convinced his side will not become embroiled in a relegation scrap this season after watching them produce two good performances in four days. The Fenmen follo
RIDGEONS PREMIER DIVISION
Wisbech Town 0 Dereham Town 2
WISBECH player-manager Gary Setchell is convinced his side will not become embroiled in a relegation scrap this season after watching them produce two good performances in four days.
The Fenmen followed up Saturday's 2-0 league win at Woodbridge with a defeat to Dereham by the same scoreline on Tuesday night.
You may also want to watch:
Setchell said: "It was a really good game of football between two hard-working teams. The result is obviously disappointing but I couldn't have asked for any more from the lads.
"The match could have gone either way and Dereham are a top side.
- 1 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 2 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 3 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 4 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 5 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 6 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 7 First wholetime woman firefighter in Cambs retires after 30 years
- 8 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault
"Our performance was very good against Woodbridge and it's been a good response to our poor showing against Northampton Spencer in the FA Vase."
Wisbech were on top for the majority of the first half of Tuesday's game with striker turned right wing-back Billy Smith causing constant problems to the Dereham defence.
But the Fenmen were dealt a blow when captain Paul Cousins left the field with an injury.
Dereham caused more problems in the second half but Wisbech's Rory Harper forced a fine save with 20 minutes to go.
Minutes later the visitors took the lead and then added their second in the 83rd minute.
Wisbech finished the game with 10 players after centre-back Anthony Reeve was sent off for a second booking.
Wisbech are 14th in the 22-team table with 12 points from 10 games.
Setchell said: "We will definitely not be having another season like last year - I believe we will be well away from the relegation scrap."
Wisbech have no game on Saturday when FA Vase first round matches will be played.
The Fenmen's next game is away to Felixstowe and Walton United on October 10.