Setchell confident his squad will cope with fixture pile-up due to cold snap
WISBECH boss Gary Setchell is confident his squad will cope with a fixture pile-up caused by a series of postponements after the extended cold snap. Wisbech s Cambs Invitation Cup, second round fixture against Lakenheath was postponed on Tuesday along wit
WISBECH boss Gary Setchell is confident his squad will cope with a fixture pile-up caused by a series of postponements after the extended cold snap.
Wisbech's Cambs Invitation Cup, second round fixture against Lakenheath was postponed on Tuesday along with Saturday's Ridgeons Premier Division clash with Newmarket Town.
Setchell is hopeful tomorrow's trip to Debenham LC will go ahead.
He said: "It's disappointing to miss all these games but it's the same situation for all the clubs.
You may also want to watch:
"I've got a good squad now and I'm confident we'll be able to cope with having to play all the rearranged fixtures.
"We beat Debenham 5-1 at home earlier this season but playing them away will be an entirely different proposition. I'm expecting a big reaction from our 6-1 defeat at Mildenhall.
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 7 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 8 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 9 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 10 Fens crime gang ‘boss’ jailed