Saints made to pay for missed chances
TYDD ST MARY were made to pay for a host of missed chances when they went down 3-0 at Westside Rangers Reserves in the Boston and District Football Division Two. The Saints came roaring out of the blocks and were unfortunate not to score when Ash Godfrey
TYDD ST MARY were made to pay for a host of missed chances when they went down 3-0 at Westside Rangers Reserves in the Boston and District Football Division Two.
The Saints came roaring out of the blocks and were unfortunate not to score when Ash Godfrey's header beat the 'keeper but went the wrong side of the post after just four minutes.
With the wind at their backs Tydd threatened again on 10 minutes with an almost identical effort from Godfrey that hit the post and went out.
Tydd thought they had scored on 25 minutes when Godfrey chipped the 'keeper but it hit the bar and bounced down just the wrong side of the goal line.
You may also want to watch:
Tydd were made to pay for these missed chances and Westside went ahead against the run of play on the half hour when a poor clearance from the Saints 'keeper Martin Cherry was knocked in to make it 1-0.
In the second half Westside had the wind and buoyed by the goal came into the game more.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
On 56 minutes Westside were awarded a free-kick which was whipped into the box and knocked in past the helpless Cherry.
Tydd went close with two headers that fizzed just wide before Westside sealed the win after 65 minutes when a good through ball was clipped over the 'keeper.