Wisbech St Mary FC continue progress off the pitch as new stadium sponsor is revealed
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland football club is continuing to progress off the pitch ahead of a return to action.
Wisbech St Mary FC have announced that Wisbech firm FTL Commercials Ltd will sponsor the club’s ground on Beechings Close for the next two seasons as the existing three-year deal with ABC Quality Meats comes to an end.
The club have also received the support of Oakwood Carpets as the main seated stand sponsor for the 2020-21 campaign, as well as agreeing deals for a new first-team kit and tracksuit sponsor.
Paul Albutt, secretary at Wisbech St Mary FC, said: “We’ve been supported very well from local people; pitchside sponsors are probably up on last year and the year before.
“People have been very responsive and we’re thankful for the people who have come forward and pledged their support.”
You may also want to watch:
Albutt added: ““We see a bright future for us. We’re always welcoming new players from three-years-old and upwards, so there’s always a natural progression for our football club.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Take 10 initiative leaves students ‘buzzing’ about literacy
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets