Ryan's just two good
DRIVERS from the Wisbech area enjoyed superb results in the fifth round of the Demon Tweeks/ Yokohama Stock Hatch Championships, on the scenic Anglesey Coastal circuit. Ryan Bensley took double glory, winning both Saturday and Sunday s finals. He won Sat
DRIVERS from the Wisbech area enjoyed superb results in the fifth round of the Demon Tweeks/ Yokohama Stock Hatch Championships, on the scenic Anglesey Coastal circuit.
Ryan Bensley took double glory, winning both Saturday and Sunday's finals.
He won Saturday's final by just under two seconds, with 20:07.50, and recorded 20:06.18 in Sunday's final, beating second-placed George Murrells by just 64 hundredths of a second.
Saturday's final saw Robbie Boon finish third, in 20:14:21, Wayne Harris come sixth, in 20:17.64, Terry Roughton, eighth, in 20:19.65, Joe McMillan, 10th, in 20:24.05 and Shaun Hagen 14th, in 20:29.78.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier that day, Harris recorded 20:18.63 to pick up a heat win, closely followed by McMillan, who came second with 20:22.75.
Hagen came sixth in this heat, with 20:28.63.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 3 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 4 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 8 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
Harris picked up his second heat win of the weekend on Sunday, with 20:06.19, with McMillan third this time, in 20:13.20 and Hagen 10th, in 20:30.39.
And Sunday's final saw fifth, sixth, seventh finishes from the area's drivers, with Boon, Harris and Roughton recording 20:19.02, 20:20.21 and 20:21.31 respectively.
Hagen came 19th in 20:38.20.