Normality is resumed for Three Counties amid Covid-19 pandemic
- Credit: Archant
Members of Three Counties Running Club were able to bring a touch of normality back to their racing at the weekend.
Janette Smith alongside Steve and Sandra Rhodes took part in the Thoresby 10-miler at Thoresby Hall, with all runners, who were sent in waves over a three-hour period, wearing masks before and after racing.
No spectators were allowed, portaloos were sanitised and there was a check-in point for NHS Track and Trace.
Steve finished in 1:25:41, Janette completed her first official 10-mile race in a personal best of 2:01:40 and Sandra came home in 2:01:41. All times were recorded as watch times.
Cheryl and Stephen Lenton cycled 50 miles each at The Autumn Classic Sportive event, which started at Swanton Morley in Norfolk.
The pair cycled a 25-mile loop course with options to cover 25, 50, 75 or 100 miles in total.
Jacqueline McGonigle and her dog Bob took part in the 15th Waggy Race 5k event on Portrush East Strand beach.
- 1 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 2 Lorry breaks down on A47 near Wisbech
- 3 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 4 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 7 Megan realises netball dream ahead of Commonwealth Games bow
- 8 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 9 Man admits west Norfolk arson
- 10 Ferry Project charity to host job fair in Wisbech
Although the duo started in wave four, Bob slipped his harness and joined the wave three participants before Jacqueline managed to catch up two kilometres into the run.
Runners can now sign up to TCRC’s virtual GM10K event, where participants can run 10k anywhere between November 7-8, submit their team and sent a poppy-themed medal. Entry is £10 and there are limited spaces.
To enter, go to https://totalracetiming.co.uk/.