Runners lace their boots for annual 10k and charity races
- Credit: Archant
Runners of Three Counties Running Club laced their boots once more for two virtual races.
Eleven TCRC members took part in The Fen10, a 10-mile race which starts and finishes at Marshland High School and takes in Fenland roads.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, this year’s event was held virtually with members split into small groups as they ran the route at different times throughout the day.
Those that took part were: Amy Baxter 1:27:27, Dawn Ball 1:27:29, Sarah-Jane Macdonald 1:29:39 (1st in age category), Alice Ingman 1:35:12, Zoe Gourley 1:35:58, Donna Johnson 1:37:09 PB, Matt Hunter 1:37:18, Victoria May 1:37:50 PB, Tamara Barnes 1:46:30 PB, Kim Coultard 1:46:49 and Jacqueline McGonigle 2:24:29.
Amy Baxter also took part in the virtual town and gown 10k race in her area, usually held in a series of events in Cambridge and Oxford, where she raised money for Muscular Dystrophy UK.
You may also want to watch:
There is still time to enter TCRC’s virtual GM10K, where you can run or walk 10k on Saturday, November 7 or Sunday, November 8. It is £10 to enter and you receive a medal on completion.
To enter, visit https://totalracetiming.co.uk/.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Burger entrepreneur excited to reopen as lockdown eases on May 17
- 3 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 4 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 5 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 6 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 9 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 10 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary