Runners lace their boots for annual 10k and charity races
- Credit: Archant
Runners of Three Counties Running Club laced their boots once more for two virtual races.
Eleven TCRC members took part in The Fen10, a 10-mile race which starts and finishes at Marshland High School and takes in Fenland roads.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, this year’s event was held virtually with members split into small groups as they ran the route at different times throughout the day.
Those that took part were: Amy Baxter 1:27:27, Dawn Ball 1:27:29, Sarah-Jane Macdonald 1:29:39 (1st in age category), Alice Ingman 1:35:12, Zoe Gourley 1:35:58, Donna Johnson 1:37:09 PB, Matt Hunter 1:37:18, Victoria May 1:37:50 PB, Tamara Barnes 1:46:30 PB, Kim Coultard 1:46:49 and Jacqueline McGonigle 2:24:29.
Amy Baxter also took part in the virtual town and gown 10k race in her area, usually held in a series of events in Cambridge and Oxford, where she raised money for Muscular Dystrophy UK.
You may also want to watch:
There is still time to enter TCRC’s virtual GM10K, where you can run or walk 10k on Saturday, November 7 or Sunday, November 8. It is £10 to enter and you receive a medal on completion.
To enter, visit https://totalracetiming.co.uk/.
- 1 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 2 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 3 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 4 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 5 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 6 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 7 First wholetime woman firefighter in Cambs retires after 30 years
- 8 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault