Runners from across Fenland flock to final Frostbite race of the year
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of runners from Fenland Running Club and Thorney Running Club travelled to Hinchingbrooke Park to brave the mud in the 6th and final Frostbite Friendly League race.
21 runners from FRC and 13 from Thorney joined over 300 others on the starting line of the five-and-a-half mile race on Sunday 13 March.
Fenland finished the day in 10th place and 12th overall, wih Stuart Follon first home for the club in a time of 36 minutes and 57 seconds. Mel Trayford was the first lady home for FRC with a time of 41 minutes and 58 seconds.
Full results: Stuart Follen 49th 36:57; Sean Connolly 60th 37:33; Tim Chapman 85th 38:32; Andre Pittock 102nd 39:33; Mel Trayford 139th 41:58; Sarah Gauvin 149th 42:27; John Chapman 150th 42:27; Tom Richards 158th 42:42; Ian Milburn 170th 43:27; Ellen Drew 172nd 43:30; Jay Gilbert 187th 44:37; Ian King 193rd 44:53; N=Maire Irlam 214th 46:06; Paulina Zub 220th 46:29; Jane Greenwood 273rd 51:10; Neil Bailey 286th 52:18; Cheryl Chapman 295th 53:16; Joanne Clarke 311th 55:03; Carol Slater-Garner 326th 59:00; Hannah Ryan 328th 59:23; Gill Holmes 344th 1:06:33.
Thorney Running Club took nine seniors and four junior members to the race in Hinchingbrooke Park, with Pete Ward first home in a time of 35 minutes and 58 seconds.
You may also want to watch:
Results: Pete Ward 35:58, Daniel Amps-Woodward 38.32, Terry Moat 38:47, Andy Cowling 41.01, Eamond Dorling 43:01, Bradley Dawson 43:51, Daniella Hart 43:53, Arron Friend 43:51
Junior results: Louis Dawson 10.53, Lois Russell 11:29, Marcus Amps-Woodward 12:18 and Georgina Amps-Woodward 12:44.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 8 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians