Runners swap trainers for walking boots and rucksacks in 10-mile charity run
- Credit: Archant
Members of Three Counties Running Club swapped trainers for weighted Bergen rucksacks and walking boots at the virtual Para10 Tactical Advance to Battle (TAB) event.
Sarah Melton-Whitelam donned her boots, trousers and a weighted rucksack of 16kg, with support from Arthur Sargeant and Antony Coultard, as they tackled a 10-mile cross country run for charity.
The trio raised funds for ‘Support Our Paras’, which supports the Parachute Regiment through the welfare of serving soldiers, families, those affected by recent operations and maintenance of its regimental spirit and heritage.
Sarah recorded a time of 3:19:09 and Antony finished in 2:24;05.
Mandy Doggett took part in the virtual Great South Run Solo event between September and October, where she had to complete 25 or more runs of any distance within a month.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Andi Woolley is going strong in the virtual Three Counties Coastal Challenge.
The challenge consists of covering a minimum mileage for each coast by walking, running or cycling, with minimum distances for Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex at 85, 57 and 350 miles.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 9 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 10 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
Andi is ranked first in two of the leagues and third in the other division with two weeks of the challenge remaining, with rankings decided on how fast an individual covers the minimum mileage.