Runners swap trainers for walking boots and rucksacks in 10-mile charity run
- Credit: Archant
Members of Three Counties Running Club swapped trainers for weighted Bergen rucksacks and walking boots at the virtual Para10 Tactical Advance to Battle (TAB) event.
Sarah Melton-Whitelam donned her boots, trousers and a weighted rucksack of 16kg, with support from Arthur Sargeant and Antony Coultard, as they tackled a 10-mile cross country run for charity.
The trio raised funds for ‘Support Our Paras’, which supports the Parachute Regiment through the welfare of serving soldiers, families, those affected by recent operations and maintenance of its regimental spirit and heritage.
Sarah recorded a time of 3:19:09 and Antony finished in 2:24;05.
Mandy Doggett took part in the virtual Great South Run Solo event between September and October, where she had to complete 25 or more runs of any distance within a month.
Meanwhile, Andi Woolley is going strong in the virtual Three Counties Coastal Challenge.
The challenge consists of covering a minimum mileage for each coast by walking, running or cycling, with minimum distances for Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex at 85, 57 and 350 miles.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 3 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 4 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 5 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 6 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 7 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
- 8 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 9 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 10 Recap: Air ambulance attends A47 crash near Wisbech
Andi is ranked first in two of the leagues and third in the other division with two weeks of the challenge remaining, with rankings decided on how fast an individual covers the minimum mileage.