RUGBY UNION: Wisbech Wildcats roar to Junior Plate final victory
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Wildcats lifted the Cambs Junior Plate for the second consecutive year after seeing off St Ives 2nds with ease at the weekend.
The town side’s second-string sauntered to a 37-3 win on a weekend that saw all four Cambridgeshire RFU cup finals take place at Harecroft Road.
James Patrick opened the scoring for the hosts early on with a powerful try before St Ives responded with a penalty.
Wisbech’s second try arrived thanks to Ethan Garford, who collected a St Ives kick in his own half and darted off down the wing before cutting in and offloading to Connor Lucas to dotted down.
A third try from Harry Newman followed after a spell of Wisbech pressure, before substitute Ramos Vinksna came on in the second half and helped himself to two more tries.
You may also want to watch:
Ben Chapman capped a fine individual performance with a try and Rory Wallis rounded off Wisbech’s point-scoring with a skilful individual try.
Wisbech head coach, Leonard Veenendaal, said: “Ben Chapman, Skippy Parsons and Connor Lucas put in strong performances but the Wisbech Wildcats Round Table man-of-the-match was awarded to fly-half Jack Malkin who controlled the game very well.”
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 A fiver for a photographic tour of historic Wisbech
- 3 Table tennis club 'bitterly disappointed' to be told to move
- 4 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Flytippers target same Fenland road two days in a row
- 7 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 8 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 9 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 10 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’