RUGBY UNION: Wisbech Grammar School talents notch fourth straight win
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Grammar School’s rugby teams have been in fine form lately and recorded their fourth consecutive victory last week.
The first XV ran out 36-7 winners over Worksop thanks to impressive performances from try-scorers Jack Trundley (2), Oliver Mann, Harry Dyne and Frazer Brown.
The under 12s were also on the winning side in their clash with Worksop.
Alfie Hoyles, Freddie Allen and Lewis Wing all claimed braces as Wisbech eased to a 30-15 win.
The school’s head of rugby, Alex Laybourne, said: “It was a great block of fixtures with some excellent performances across the board.
“The under 12s have been improving week on week and thoroughly deserved their win.
“The first team were well deserving of their win after executing their game plan exceptionally well and putting in their best performance of the season.”
- 1 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 2 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 3 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 4 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 5 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 10 Council’s final meeting of 2021 to include minute’s silence for those lost