RUGBY UNION: Wisbech end winless spell with West Norfolk victory
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech can breathe a sigh of relief after finally picking up their first win of the season last weekend.
The town outfit bounced back from a torrid start to the campaign which saw them slip to three straight defeats to see off the challenge of local rivals, West Norfolk.
Wisbech quickly put their 76-0 defeat to Stowmarket behind them with an impressive performance which saw Ben Wicks run in an early try.
They added a second through James Napier before West Norfolk replied before the half an hour mark.
Both sides exchanged penalty points before Napier notched his second and later a third. Captain Solomon Prestidge and Jack Malkin touched down late on to give their side a much-needed 51-24 victory.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech will look to add a second straight victory this weekend on their trip to Thetford. The Norfolk side are currently in fourth in the London Division Three (Eastern Counties) standings.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 5 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 6 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 7 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 8 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 9 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 10 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'