Providing tools of the trade
CHILDREN at Orchards Primary School, Wisbech, can now put in even more football training thanks to the help of Wisbech Town FC. Coaches from the Ridgeons Premier League club have been providing fun football coaching at the school for more than a year. In
CHILDREN at Orchards Primary School, Wisbech, can now put in even more football training thanks to the help of Wisbech Town FC.
Coaches from the Ridgeons Premier League club have been providing fun football coaching at the school for more than a year.
In November the Football Association awarded Orchards with the FA Charter Standard.
The award establishes minimum standards of football development in schools and also provides a means by which good practice and standards are recognised and raised in the future.
You may also want to watch:
With the Charter Standard came an award of various football equipment but thanks to the ongoing work of Fenmen coaches Rob Gifford and Tim Buckenham, the school received more kit on Tuesday.
Rob Gifford said: "We are keen to hand over the coaching responsibilities to the school staff so that they can provide accredited training for the children.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 9 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 10 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
"They are now confident in training, which not only develops football skills but improves general sporting ability and social skills," he said.
He added: "The more equipment we can get the better and so when the Cambs FA announced that they would be providing more balls, bibs and cones, we were delighted.