Poor batting costs Wisbech
SUNDAY CRICKET CRAIG JOHNSON returned bowling figures of 4-17 but a lacklustre batting performance saw Wisbech s first Sunday side lose their Rutland Division One match with Perkins by 75 runs. Perkins were all out for 163. Ryan Van Waterschoot took 2-
CRAIG JOHNSON returned bowling figures of 4-17 but a lacklustre batting performance saw Wisbech's first Sunday side lose their Rutland Division One match with Perkins by 75 runs.
Perkins were all out for 163.
Ryan Van Waterschoot took 2-40 and Ivan Burgess, Orlando Prestige and Tom Bourne all grabbed a wicket each.
But a weak Wisbech response saw Sam Portham, in the middle order, top score with 32 runs.
Wisbech were all out before the end of the 26th over for 88 runs.
- 1 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 2 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 3 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 4 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 5 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 10 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
A 60 from Keith Jakings and 50 from Dominic Stannard helped Wisbech's second Sunday side cruise to a four-wicket Fenland League win over neighbours Chatteris.
After Wisbech finished on 183-6, Martin Parrin took 3-19, David LeMoir grabbed 2-29 and John Mallett took 1-0 as Chatteris finished on 90-9.
Lyndon Waters (1-12), Matt Esser (1-16) and Sam Darlow (1-8) all took a wicket each for Wisbech.