Plans announced to expand Wisbech Rugby Club
PLANS to extend the facilities at Wisbech Rugby Club have been announced. The announcement was made by chairman John Claydon in a speech at the annual players awards dinner on Maunday Thursday. Claydon said the club house would be expanded and facilitie
PLANS to extend the facilities at Wisbech Rugby Club have been announced.
The announcement was made by chairman John Claydon in a speech at the annual players' awards dinner on Maunday Thursday.
Claydon said the club house would be expanded and facilities improved to continue the expansion of membership in both junior and senior sections.
There was high praise for the club's achievements this year in London North East Division Three, finishing third in a league that is considered to be the highest that the club have played in.
Claydon went on to thank the committee members and associates whose support has seen the club flourish over the season.
There was particular acknowledgement given to Ben Harrington for the organisation of the annual golf day, head coach Steve Drawbridge for not only his input on the coaching side but his backroom work as the club's contact at county level and beyond and Dave Dobson for his organisation of the fixtures and match day referees. Secretary Kate Bennett was presented with a bouquet of flowers in recognition of her efforts in all matters administration and the unstinting input of the bar personnel who maintain the lifeblood of the club was applauded.
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 3 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 4 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 5 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
- 6 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 7 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 8 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 9 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 10 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
Those gathered enjoyed a sausage and mash supper and an all round entertaining evening as the awards were handed out to the outstanding players of the season.