Pettit named player of the year at Wisbech Rugby Club’s presentation night
TALENTED scrum-half Will Pettit was among the winners as Wisbech Rugby Club sealed a rollercoaster of a season with their presentation evening.
Pettit was handed the first team’s player of the year award for his role in Wisbech’s heartbreaking season, which saw them relegated by just a point.
The scrum-half had been a standout performer throughout Wisbech’s safety battle, scoring a scintillating hat-trick of tries in their win over Norwich.
Chris Newns won players’ player of the year while Andy Heighton was named as the first team’s most improved player.
Second team player of the year was Josh Anderson, with Ryan Tate picking up their most improved player award.
You may also want to watch:
Clubman of the year was Sean Etherington while the chairman’s award went to Paul Boyle.
Wisbech bring the curtain down on their season tomorrow, with a special testimonial game for Canadian forward Andy McCubbin.
- 1 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 2 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 5 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 6 A141 closed at roundabout after lorry overturns
- 7 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn to speak at King's Lynn hospital rally
- 10 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
McCubbin’s XV take on club captain Tom Long’s XV in what will be McCubbin’s last game for the club before he returns to Canada. Kick-off is at 2pm.
• Training for a new rugby league team is also set to begin. The Fenland Foxes are to launch a side this summer, with training to take place on Tuesdays. The first session takes place at Harecroft Road this Tuesday from 6.45pm.