Pepper praise as Hares draw with Brantham
RIDGEONS DIVISION ONE March Town United 2 Brantham Athletic 2 MARCH skipper Luke Pepper praised his side s efforts after they claimed an impressive point against promotion chasers Brantham. Pepper, who missed Saturday s match due to a suspension which r
RIDGEONS DIVISION ONE
March Town United 2 Brantham Athletic 2
MARCH skipper Luke Pepper praised his side's efforts after they claimed an impressive point against promotion chasers Brantham.
Pepper, who missed Saturday's match due to a suspension which rules him out of this weekend's trip to Gorleston, said: "It's very encouraging to get a point against a top side and we were the better team for much of the match.
"We have just come through a dip in form and are doing well at the moment."
Ash Brand chased Sam Murphy's long diagonal pass to give March a 1-0 lead which they took into half-time.
- 1 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 2 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 3 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 4 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 5 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 6 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 7 Rikki Neave’s mother calls for tougher sentence for son’s murderer
- 8 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 9 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 10 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
The visitors, who were fourth before Saturday's match, came out firing on all cylinders and were 2-1 up within 15 minutes of the re-start.
James Richardson equalised 10 minutes from time with a penalty after a foul of Michael Anker.
March are now 13th but 10 points behind 12th-placed Godmanchester.
Gorleston are eighth, 16 points ahead of The Hares.
Pepper said: "We had a really close game with Gorleston early this season and were just beaten 3-2, so it should be a decent match."
He added: "We set out at the start of the season to break into the top 10, but that will be difficult, as the division seems to be split into to different leagues at the moment.