Pepper plays down switch to Fenmen
WISBECH boss Steve Taylor is still hoping to sign March skipper Luke Pepper. Taylor put in an official approach for the midfielder three weeks ago. But Pepper told the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard this week: I m happy where I am. March are moving for
WISBECH boss Steve Taylor is still hoping to sign March skipper Luke Pepper.
Taylor put in an official approach for the midfielder three weeks ago.
But Pepper told the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard this week: "I'm happy where I am. March are moving forward and making progress and I don't think a move to Wisbech would be the right one for me at the moment."
Taylor said: "Luke has not said 'no' to me yet and until he does I will continue to pursue him.
You may also want to watch:
"He's an excellent player and would be an asset to any club at this level.
"I don't think March will be getting promoted this season and I would have thought he might want to play at a higher level.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 7 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 8 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 9 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 10 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
"I need to add three or four players to get the squad where I want it to be."
Taylor revealed that he is also pursuing a striker who is currently playing for another Ridgeons Premier Division club but league rules forbid him from naming the player because he has not yet been given permission to talk to the player.