Three wins on the spin for villagers after comfortable away day
- Credit: Park Ladies FC
Park Ladies triumphed for a third consecutive league game in a battle of the villagers.
The Wimblington side made it 18 goals in their last three fixtures with a 3-0 victory over Brampton Ladies in the Championship North Division of the Cambridgeshire Women’s County League on Sunday.
Park, who played in front of spectators for the first time since last year, controlled from the outset and took an early lead thanks to Jenna Brown’s screamer.
Brown opened the scoring after smashing a half-volley from around 30 yards into the roof of the net, but Brampton responded to frustrate their visitors.
Park goalkeeper Nikki Hassock was called into action to deny a one-on-one chance, before Brooke Anderson’s pass was converted by Sherrie Downey to double the lead.
You may also want to watch:
It was a set-piece that confirmed a third straight away league win of the season after the break.
Despite some enforced changes for Park after Maddie Jackson’s injury, Brown’s whipped corner found the run of Eilish Brown, who made no mistake to volley home her first league goal this term.
- 1 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 2 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Man dies in three-car A47 crash and another remains in life-threatening condition
Park aim to record four clean sheets in a row at Swavesey Spartans Ladies on May 16, 2pm.