Double hat-tricks guide Park to opening day rout
- Credit: Park Ladies FC
Two hat-tricks paved the way for Park Ladies towards a rampant start to the new Cambridgeshire Women’s County League season.
Francesca Plitsch and Georgia Stimson both hit trebles for the Wimblington-based side in their 8-0 thrashing of Mildenhall Town Ladies in Division Two on Sunday.
An even first half saw Park break the deadlock after Eilish Brown’s driving run and well-weighted pass allowed Sherrie Downey to finish high into the net.
Chances kept coming for the visitors as Plitsch tapped home for 2-0 in the second half.
Casey Ward’s strike from 25 yards extended Park’s advantage, before Stimson, who prepared for the game with a skydive the same day, got on the scoresheet when she slotted a chance past the goalkeeper.
Mildenhall were building frustration and that proved costly when Plitsch rounded the goalkeeper for 5-0.
Stimson then added another two goals, and Plitsch also completed her hat-trick, to complete the rout.
- 1 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 4 Body found in Wisbech road
- 5 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 6 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 7 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 8 Latest phase of Wisbech to Upwell Tram Memorial unveiled
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
Player of the match was midfielder Eilish Brown.
Park welcome Netherton United Ladies Development to Parkfield on September 19, 2pm.