Villagers blown away by dominant first half display
- Credit: Carl Rumble Photography
A defiant display proved little in the end for Park Ladies after losing their top-of-the-table clash.
The Wimblington-based side were blown away by a dominant first half display in their 6-2 defeat to Cardea Ladies in the Championship North Division of the Cambridgeshire Women’s County League.
Park fell behind when an in-swinging corner found the net on three minutes, before Cardea scored three more without reply.
Fran Plitsch pulled a goal back for Rob Mitchell’s team three minutes before half-time as she latched onto a through-ball from Eilish Brown.
The villagers did show some fight when Plitsch struck again as Park created several chances soon after the break.
Had Sherrie Downey’s effort found the net, Park could well have mounted a comeback but Cardea took advantage to pounce with a fifth.
Revenge for the visitors after their December defeat to Park was sealed when they slotted home midway through the second half.
Park Ladies host fourth-placed Brampton Ladies at Parkfield Sports Club on Sunday, April 25, 2pm.
- 1 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 5 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 6 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 7 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 8 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 9 'I hit brick walls' says guardian fighting for child mental health support
- 10 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor