Villagers ease to victory to set up possible cup upset
- Credit: Park Ladies FC
Park Ladies overcame their nerves to reach the semi-finals of the Cambs Invitation Cup against lower-league opponents.
It took 30 minutes for the Wimblington-based team to break the deadlock against Isleham United Ladies on Sunday, Teagan Pulman finishing off a pass from Georgia Stimson.
After Isleham hit the crossbar, Park improved in the second half and doubled their lead through Sophie Fenner’s close-range effort.
Stimson then got on the scoresheet as she converted the rebound after her initial shot was saved.
Isleham, of Division Three in the Cambridgeshire Women’s County League, did pull one goal back as the hosts failed to clear.
But it proved a consolation as Division Two Park sealed their spot in the last four.
Park visit higher-league Newmarket Town Ladies in a semi-final tie on January 16.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 3 Tribute to ‘much-loved’ school worker who died suddenly in Wisbech
- 4 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 6 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 7 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 8 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 9 Recap: A47 shut near Wisbech and King's Lynn after evening crash
- 10 Man arrested after 'game of hide and seek' with police dogs and helicopter
But before then, they welcome Leverington Sports Ladies to Parkfield in a league cup clash this Sunday, 2pm.