CRICKET: Danny Haynes continues hot streak with another half-century as Wisbech Town see off struggling Waresley
- Credit: Archant
Danny Haynes hit a second successive half-century as he led Wisbech Town to Cambs & Hunts Premier League victory last Saturday.
Gary Freear’s men eased to a 117-run victory against struggling Waresley at Harecroft Road in Whiting & Partners Division One.
Opener Haynes cracked a dozen boundaries during his innings of 80 which provided almost a third of Wisbech’s 241-9 total. It also followed up a knock of 74 in a defeat at Saffron Walden the previous Saturday.
There were other solid contributions against Waresley as wicket-keeper Josh Bowers added 38, Sam Albutt reached 37 and Cambridgeshire captain James Williams chipped in with 36.
That hefty Wisbech tally predictably proved beyond their second-bottom visitors who were dismissed for just 124.
You may also want to watch:
Brodie Ellis (3-27) and Kieran Haynes (3-29) were the pick of the Wisbech bowlers while skipper Freear bagged 2-20.
Wisbech are without a game tomorrow, but they are in action on Sunday in a crunch Rutland League clash.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Burger entrepreneur excited to reopen as lockdown eases on May 17
- 3 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 4 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 5 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 6 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 8 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 9 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 10 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
The defending Division One champions, who have reeled off four successive victories in this competition, head to current leaders Barnack (1pm).